Air Hostess Job Companies Salary & Scope
March 28, 2018
The job seeker who wising to have a pleasant disposition and can get enjoy easily with all types of men thus one can think a career in the cabin crew of commercial flights as an air hostess or steward.
An air hostess hold many responsibilities on a airplane. She wishes each passenger, guides everyone to his/ her seat and have them settled, interacts security, and much more. Female gnerally prefer this career eventhough men can execute the same job who are called ‘stewards’.
Skills for Air Hostess
The essential skills required for an air hostess to become successful in career are:
- Responsibility Sense
- Pleasing personality
- Presence of mind & be the first
- Smart physique
- Patience to work extra hours
- Systematic reach towards duty
- Good looking
- Communication & interactive talents
- Multi Linguistic
- Pleasant voice
- Team spirit
- Good attitude
- Sense of humour
- Fluency in spoken English and other international languages as needed
18 to 26 years of age
- Basic 10+2 with degree in hospitality, or other UG programs
- Height of minimum 157.5 cms, Weight proportionate to the height
- Holding Eligible Indian Passport
- Perfect eyesight
- Good health
- Fair to clear complexion
- 6/24 vision in every eye
The selection undergoes a screening, written test, group discussion & personal interviews. The agreed applicants are goes through essential training in relevant procedures.
Air Hostess Scope & Job Prospects
Learning and skill development is a common thing in this job, particularly if you’re desirious about promotions. Over 10 years of experience as an air hostess, one can find job as Ground Hostess, Check Hostess, or other airline linked jobs.
Though airlines normally advertise for recruits, independents may forward applications on their own move.
Remuneration or Salary for Air Hostess Job
- International airlines offer over domestic ones, but even domestic air hostesses can earn between Rs.75000 – Rs.150000. While the senior hostess can earn from Rs.1,50,000 to Rs.3,75,000 in domestic airlines.
- Private airlines may give a salary Rs.5 lakh a month.
Top Institutes to study Air Hostess Training
- Air hostess training is not compulsory or requisite to head into this profession. Self-preparation is required. However, few institutes have established in India and are providing training to grow basic skills needed for the profession.
- The Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics gives a one to three year diploma in cabin crew services & hospitality management.
- One can also avail a distance learning degree “Airline Cabin Crew Training” that needs 40-45 hours of self-study continued by a three-hour examination from International Air Transport Association IATA.
Top Airlines for Air Hostess Job
- Air Costa
- Air India
- Air India Express
- AirAsia India
- Indian Airlines
- Jet Airways and Jetlite
- Vistara Airlines