Benefits of Boss – Make in India Bharat Operating System for Indian Government Offices
September 15, 2015
The digitization of India starts here with the launch of Bharat Operating Systems Solutions as a first make in India trend to follow. The operating system BOSS will replace the monopoly Microsoft Windows in all government offices.
Starting in 2007 by National Resource Centre as as Free / Open Source Software NRCFOSS of India is fully a open source operating system. A newer version was updated in 2013 to fit the necessary changes claimed. Finally it is available in all local regional languages to fit according to the states offices.
BOSS LINUX DOWNLOAD LINK – http://www.bosslinux.in/
Features of BOSS
Featuing an on-screen keyboard along with a bulk file converter inbuilt will make sure the safety and speedy transfer of data between existing os and indian BOSS.
It comes with a certificate from Linux Foundation for its compliance with Linux standard base and it is also a “LBS certified”. With its blue tooth facility in bose the exchanges for short-range communications are backed. The rss feeder and pdf viewer ensures editing
Pros and Cons of BOSS from Public – Suggestion and Comments by Users
- The latest version of BOSS was released in 2008, they haven’t released a version since then ! This is a serious issue as the linux kernel they are using is outdated. – Ajinkya Borle
- What is the Difference between Ubuntu and Boss , i think Boss is Older one – ABDULKARIM SANGHAR
- Yes, I am using it. It is a very wonderful Operating System and the BEST thing about that is, it has a toll free number -mmagar15
- WHY DONT THEY POST VIDEO HOW TO INSTALL THIS BOSS OS SIDE BY SIDE TO ANOTHER OS???? I TRIED TO INSTALL AND FIND IT SO HARD WHILE PARTITIONING!!!!! -Athul C K
- Is there a torrent file for this BOSS ?Plzz tell me and upload a link for it. – Anand
- I have used this 4-5 years earlier…. this is a linux which had been applied the INDIAN touch. The base remains fedora. Indian touch means the icons, regioinal scripts, browser integrated with all the “indian” dominated website… ofcourse applications for indian usage.. like this version has an mp3 player included… generally linux supports only .wav as audioi format, but this OS has the tweeks done to play mp3… and this is the only version to do that (uncoded).
- I am a regular user if Linux for many years and have used dozens of Linux based distros.
- This seems like plain old linux based OS like ubuntu or linuxmint and doesn’t even look half as good, if actually they made changes to make it more secure then money well spent. But I am highly doubtful – Manthan Ginoya
Update: BOSS got negative review from BOSS is a failure
Funny Feedback: Government is launching an OS with following feature
1. If you want it to work properly you need to pay 1000 rupees but you can corrupt it and make it work by placing 100 rupees below cpu.
2. OS updates every 5 years with desktop background changing from lotus to hand
Note: Cycle, elephant and other background images are provided as bonus depending on the circumstances.
3. You need to shout jai every time you have your work completed to get maximum benefit.
4. If you try to change the background image other than what is provided, your system won’t turn on for lifetime.
But the best part is
5. You will be having access to Swiss bank account for free.