How to Apply for Assam Voter’s ID Card in person?
January 6, 2018
People who like to register for a voter’s ID card in the state of Assam can make it offline and online. But for those who do not own entry to the internet or are illiterate using computer, the offline voter registration process can be utilized.
Follow the below mentioned steps to apply for offline assam electionc card
- Head to the nearest election office or the concerned election booths as published from time to time. Collect the Form 6 for registering a new voter in the electoral rolls.
- Complete the form filling and signing properly and submit to the to the electoral office attaching necessary documents required.
- As one submit the form will get a reference number used to follow the status of your application.
- A Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the information you have provided in your application form.
- Once the checking process is successfully finished, you will be given a voter’s ID card. The citizen can obtain the card from the electoral office or you could opt to get it by India Post to the address mentioned in your application form.
The type of documents required to be submitted for Voter ID in Assam for verification purposes are
Proof of address like Aadhaar card/ utility bills/ bank passbook/ passport/ driver’s licence/ ration card
Proof of age such as PAN card/ passport/ Aadhaar card/ driver’s licence/ birth certificate
Recent passport sized photographs