Salaries of Chef Jobs in India from Top Hotels
March 28, 2018
Nowadays cooking is absolutely an activity confined to traditional kitchen. It is also the high rocketing career option. The talents of a chef today have turned very latest and presently combine passion, creativity and hard effort for the cooking art.
To serve to the ever–rising place and demand for skilled and competent chefs, a plethora of programs in food processing, catering technology and other associated fields are being provided by various learning centers.
Usually the hierarchy of chefs is as under:
- Executive Chef is the one who is in control of all inside the kitchen comprising menu creation, personal management & business aspects.
Sous Chef acts as the assistant chef and monitors after menu-planning, costing & ordering.
- Expeditor normally ensure that the food is served in time for the waiters to obey orders.
- Cooks & Assistants are the who hold particular duties within the kitchen. Commonly a person commences from Commi3, then Commi 2, Commi 1, Demi-chef-de -partie &
- Chef-de-partie. As Chef-de-partie the person is always done in charge of one area such as Italian, Continental, Chinese, French, Banquet, Pastry etc.
Chef Eligibility Criteria
Minimum a 10+2 is enough, but a Bachelor/Diploma of Hotel management / Certificate courses for 6-12 months
Chef Job Prospects
- With a diploma or the certificate course in Hotel Management, anyone can take a hotel management course as an intern or can opt for apprenticeship after 10+2 straight.
- A trained chef has several employment areas that are different and interesting. Hotels/ restaurants, air catering, catering in confectioneries, cruise liner, food processing companies, and corporate catering all need chefs.
- Otherwise One can write on food like Ms. Tarla Dalal or one can opt to turn as an entrepreneur by forming food chains.
Chef Pay Package
Graduates work as trainees, up on training are given about Rs.20,000 – Rs.30,000. Salary rises with experience and the lifestyle is brilliant. If you commence as a chef in a good restaurant or hotel, you can get earn and Rs.50,000 a month.
- The most general misconception is that if you serve a “hotel management” course, you graduate as a chef. No!
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition venues situated in Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Chandigarh, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Chennai, Goa, Gurdaspur, Mumbai, Srinagar & Thiruvananthapuram.